Not an Industrial Matter?
If you matter is NOT related to your work or any of the below, please contact the Locomotive Division as we also have referrals to Family Law, Criminal or Conveyancing firms that also provide members a benefit via our our referral program.
Maurice Blackburn are the lawyers for the RTBU Locomotive Division for all Industrial Matters. As a member you are entitled to be referred and receive:
- Immediate access to a lawyer
- Free standard Will*
- Free first consultation
- No win – No fee*
Their team of expert lawyers can help if you are:
- Injured at work or in the course of your employment
- Injured on the road or need to make a TAC claim
- Injured by negligent medical treatment
- Diagnosed with an asbestos-related disease
- Need help to access your superannuation or insurance benefits
- Injured in a public place or by a faulty product
- Unfairly provided for in a Will
Click on the links above for further information.
Maurice Blackburn will fight to ensure you receive the best possible outcome, because the firm recognises that the compensation you receive is vital to ensuring quality of life for you and your family.
Maurice Blackburn has a growing network of local offices located throughout Victoria.
* Conditions apply.
For a referral, please contact RTBU Locomotive Division Reception or download and complete the referral form in the Members Portal.
No referrals will be accepted by Maurice Blackburn without a formal referral from the Union.
Your free standard will (for union members and their spouses) can be applied for through Maurice Blackburn via their partnership with Safewill. Call the Locomotive Division on 9682 1122 (press option 1)to get the Union Voucher code.
MORE INFORMATION https://www.mauriceblackburn.com.au/unionwills/
Standard Will application– https://app.safewill.com/mauriceblackburn/get-started
Callback request – If your circumstances are not ‘standard’, Book an obligation-free consultation with Maurice Blackburn here- https://www.mauriceblackburn.com.au/unionwills/#callback
For decades, Maurice Blackburn has provided free standard wills to union members. With over 50% of Australians not having a will, we want to make it accessible and easy for you to have this important document in place.
That’s why we’re pleased to share with you our new partnership with Safewill. Safewill is Australia’s leading online will provider and through this partnership, MB will continue to offer free standard wills to members, but with an easier and more convenient process.
The partnership with Safewill offers significant benefits to you, including:
- a mobile-friendly platform with a ‘live chat’ function available 7 days a week
- a quicker form to complete – it takes less than 20 minutes
- no identification required (except credit/debit card details for verification, you will not be charged)
- a faster turnaround time – your will is finalised in a matter of days
- the ability to make changes for free within the first 12 months (as opposed to every 5 years) and then $15 per change ongoing
- all wills are reviewed by a lawyer before signing.
Safewill has a 4.9 star rating out of more than 1,500 reviews; it’s a simple, easy online platform that helps users get on top of their end-of-life planning in an efficient and convenient way. We’re looking forward to providing a more seamless experience to you through this partnership.
How does it work?
- First, head to unionwills.com.au to determine whether you’re best suited for a standard will or complex will. If your situation is suitable for a standard will, you will be sent to the Safewill website to complete your will application.
At the time of payment, enter your union voucher code (Call the Union 9682 1122 (1) to get this code) ·This will set the cost to $0. You will also need to enter your union member number and your credit/debit card details – this is just for identification, you will not be charged.